Tuesday, November 11, 2008

papier collé

A little quiet but can you blame a girl? Life has been a little busy (though things have begun to die down only in preparation for the holidays), almost too busy to really plan anything about the wedding. In all honesty, I am torn about designing it because it almost seems like I keep changing my kind every two seconds (and really, why can't a bride do this?) Only, it makes talking it out with other people difficult because I jump from style to style in an attempt to discover the all allusive "OUR Style." Grrrr, frustrating. But here it is, trying to blend the romantic half of myself with the fun and playful (dare I say it, whimsical?) part of our relationship with the more traditional leanings of the Boy. I love color (which has made it hard to narrow down "colors" because I love all sorts of combinations), he likes things with cleaner lines. Marrying the two isn't hard; finding something that screams us while maintaining our individual personalities proves a little more challenging. Which doesn't help my tendency to procrastinate. In an attempt to avoid the last minute melt downs that I know would come if I didn't plan ahead, I attempted more research.

I was browsing the blogs when lo and behold, I fell in love with these adorable invitations and save the date cards made by Celine, a lovely bride sharing her gorgeous wedding on Once Wed. Aren't they cute? I love the whole fun use of color and illustrations throughout the paper goods.
I love these adorable Save the Date cards. They're fun and give the guest a hint of the going theme of the wedding. I think they're cute but for us, I was thinking of something else for our Save the Date cards....
This is the cover of their invitation. It makes me want to dust off my old drawing pencils and sketch a little cartoon of me and the Boy (it would actually be fitting as I once made the Boy a comic book--with him as the super hero--way back in high school).
I love the singing little birdie on the left. I showed it to the Boy and he really liked it as we had planned on a bird theme for the wedding (not like nests and eggs but a subtle sprinkling of little birdies, bird cages, and maybe little birdie foot prints). Still working on how we'd like to word the invitation though.

Thought this was the most hilarious RSVP card ever! We have to definitely steal this idea; it's so us and out quirky sense of humor.

Long before this set of invitations, I had wanted to somehow include a map for our out of town guests (and a few in towners who had never been to our wedding site). This could be an inspiration for one way to style it.
I love the idea that Celine and Jin incorporated their guests. They had planned to go to Spain on their honeymoon so they sent along this cute stationary and had guests write down tips or places to visit in Spain. I think these would make really great thank you notes after the honeymoon.
And here is the happy couple:

Thanks to Celine and Jin, I think I may have found a little more direction with wedding plans. If you are one of the fortunate people coming to our little wedding, please don't judge me too much if you see more than one element lifted from this stylish lady's wedding--like the Boy, I think I knew it was the one when I saw it.

No comments: