Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Bend in the Road



My poor neglected blog. I had promised to write about the wedding and what all has been going on in my life since that big day...but I forgot. Well, actually, life just got busy and new projects arose and well, my blog was left at the wayside.

But I'm back. And hopefully, for good!

News: it's been over a year since I last spoke (which means, since The Boy and I were hitched!) and life has been rather blissful for the most part. Marriage hasn't changed us much, only made life much richer and happier.

What other news? I've been in the middle of changing professions in my real life so that has consumed a lot of my "free" time. It's rather thrilling but a daunting task to completely change everything. For more about that, see my other little blog. It's all about the difficulties in trying to become a freelancer in the publishing industry.

And...this blog is about to have it's own changes too! Already, I've updated the look of the blog but now that the wedding that was, well, was, it's time to figure out what this blog will be about. So, since I have another pet project going, I figured this would chronicle that since it served to record my wild thoughts pre-wedding.

And this is where I let you in on a wee secret of mine: I've opened an etsy site! Yup, I have a store. (Find me here!) For now, I have just opened the place but have yet to fill it with all sorts of things I hope people like. Here's the scoop of what it should include (and therefore, what this blog o' mine will be about): all things paper. By that I mean, handmade cards and postcards, photos, drawings and sketches, prints, and papercut art. The last bit is what I'm most nervous about. I don't really get my art out very much but I may be brave enough now to show it to you and to others.

So whaddya say? Visit me? Let's see how this whole thing will go.

No comments: