Monday, February 16, 2009

hot guys in vests make my heart beat a little faster

(image from jcrew)
I came across this in looking for things for the bridesmaids to wear (did I mention I was trying to go about buying dresses in a nontraditional way? I just don't want anything shiney or too formal and I was looking for dresses that comfier, as if you put on something very nice to go to our garden party which happened to be our wedding).
The Boy and I haven't given too much thought to what he (and his groomsmen) should wear. Is that bad? In all this time, we've been focused on what the girls should wear: what I should wear, what the bridesmaid should look like, what my mom and his mom could wear...psst, I think I like the idea of my mom going a traditional route and perhaps just dressing up in our native costume). About the guys, well we didn't even think about it enough to even figure out whether or not they were going the tux route, though I do vaguely remember the Boy saying something o this nature very early on into the wedding planning process.
Now, I've never really seen the Boy all dressed up in his fanciest clothes. The summer we first got together he was the best man in his friend's wedding. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see him in all his glory (and the embarrassing story about him forgetting the rings in his truck) because I had another wedding to go to that weekend. But from the pictures I was shown afterwards, the Boy was owning his James Bond self.
Since then, there has been few times that have called for either one of us to really dress up. We're the jeans and t-shirt typical Californian couple in that way. Only once, in all the years that we've been together, have I seen the Boy dressed up in a great fitting pair of charcoal slacks and dress shirt. Wow.
Since then, Ive been obsessed with the idea of the Boy not wearing a tux to our wedding but something along the lines of the picture above. I'd even love it more if the Boy would comply and wear a cool vest like that one. I don't know what I'd do with myself if he did. I think I might just have to marry him if he did (psst, are you listening Boy?)

No comments: