Thursday, August 14, 2008

So I'm off this weekend to try on wedding dresses for the first time in my life. I'm a little nervous. How does one deal with the idea that some overly friendly salesperson will be in the dressing room with me, hjelping me to get into thse dresses? I don't know how I feel about that. I've never had strangers see me in my knickers before. Speaking of which, what kind of knickers does one wear for this ocassion and what about the other, ahem, undergarments? I am lost.

In an attempt tp be somewhat prepared, I've been browsing David's Bridal's website (I had made an appiontment with them last month at the Bridal Bazaar when it was in town). This is my first taste of something that makes the idea of beign a bride more real to me. So, while I don't plan to buy my dress at this point, it should be fun to try on all sorts of dresses; this trip is mainly to try on different styles and see which looks best on my figure. In the meantime, these are the ones I want to try on when I go:








































(Oleg Cassini)















(David's Bridal)

But during less sane moments, I dream of gorgeous gowns like these:


What a luscious confection of silk and tulle.

(Suzanne Ermann)

Short and sassy, just like yours truly.

(Carmela Sutera)

(Carolina Herrera)

Just breath-taking; I love the beaded bolero with the texture of the tulle in the bodice.

(Monique Lhullier)


I love the sweet look with the secret sex appeal to this dress. If you look closely there is a plunging V-neck lined with delicate lace.

(Saeyoung Vu Couture NYC)

I wish I had the courage to try something as funky and cool as this one:

(Anne Barge)

No comments: